Criteria and Requirements
- There must be at least one child in the family that is newborn through 3 years old.
- The caregiver(s) must voluntarily agree to be a part of the docket.
- DCS has an open case with court involvement.
- The Juvenile Court has jurisdiction over the child(ren).
- Due to the intensive nature of this work, there should be no more than twenty cases on a docket at one time.
- The typical case spans a time frame of ten months.
- Family meetings will be held monthly at a minimum. The frequency in family meetings will depend on the unique needs of the family and may change as the case progresses.
- The success of SBC requires the full buy-in from the judge, support from the child welfare agency, a highly skilled court coordinator, and quality resources provided by community partners.